Pearl Jam’s website is announcing that Eddie Vedder has agreed to be a solo performer at the Concert Across America to End Gun Violence show in NY. On September 25th, there will be numerous live events around the country recognizing the issue. At New York’s Beacon Theatre, organizers have scheduled Vedder to appear along with other stars such as Jackson Browne, Rosanne Cash, Marc Cohn, and Vy Higginsen’s Harlem Gospel Choir.
— Pearl Jam (@PearlJam) September 13, 2016
Vedder is already set to play in Central Park for the Global Citizen Festival as a solo performer on September 24th, so for New York City, it will be a weekend of back-to-back shows of the Pearl Jam frontman.
These will mark only the second and third live solo shows Vedder has done this year. The first was at the Ohana Festival in Dana Point, California as reviewed last month by Alternative Nation.
In other Pearl Jam news, this Friday, Sept. 16th, Mike McCready will be performing the national anthem at Safeco Field for Seattle Mariners’ CCFA day (Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America).
Check out the official announcements to find out more about the shows and Pearl Jam’s charitable causes on their website:
Eddie Vedder’s Setlist At the Ohana Festival in August :
01. Can’t Keep
02. Sleeping By Myself
03. Without You (praises Elvis Costello, suggests a certain presidential candidate needs a ukulele and enumerates the ways it would be beneficial.)
04. Soon Forget
06. Dead Man
07. Brain Damage-(Waters) (first verse only)
09. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
(my first wave..)
10. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
11. No Ceiling
12. Far Behind
14. Out Of Sand
15. Good Woman-(Marshall)
16. Better Man
17. Parting Ways
18. Unthought Known (acoustic guitar)
19. Indifference-with Kelly Slater
20. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Jack Irons, John Doe, Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Ben Bridwell and many others