After months of speculation, dating back to September when we originally reported the rumors, Stone Temple Pilots unceremoniously fired frontman Scott Weiland yesterday. Weiland last year unsuccessfully campaigned to reunite Velvet Revolver, but Slash shot down the possibility by saying he will never be in a band with Weiland again and saying that Weiland is “out of his mind.” Weiland has a solo career with his solo group the Wildabouts and a tour coming up, but what else can he do for money? Weiland has revealed in interviews with Howard Stern that he needs to make a lot of money due to past divorces, so what should Weiland do now after his fall outs with STP and Velvet Revolver to keep rolling in the dough?
1. Reincarnate Bing Crosby for a Christmas Carols Duet Tour
2. Form a supergroup with former Smashing Pumpkins members James Iha, D’arcy Wretzky, and Jimmy Chamberlin
3. Wrestle for Billy Corgan’s Resistance Pro Wrestling and become Resistance Pro Heavyweight Champion
4. Become Nirvana’s new frontman! Weiland can make bank touring with Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl, and Pat Smear
5. Successfully sue Stone Temple Pilots to gain rights to the name and use it for his solo band (Axl style)
6. Steal Billy Corgan’s Walter E. Smithe sponsorship deal
7. New Reality Show – Scott Weiland, Reality Sucks
8. Hop on the Mark McGrath and Friends Cruise with Sugar Ray, Everclear, Ed Rolland of Collective Soul, and Ed Kowalczyk of Live
9. Scott Weiland: Male Gigolo
Also, fear not Stone Temple Pilots! GrungeReport.net made a list in December of top candidates to replace Scott Weiland when rumors originally came out regarding the firing.