Jonathan Cain Says Steve Perry Is Considering Journey Farewell Tour Spot
Journey may still have a Steve Perry moment left in the tank as the band prepares to launch its Final Frontier farewell run. Keyboardist Jonathan Cain says the group has reached out to its former frontman and invited him to appear at any date on the upcoming tour, which is set to begin Feb. 28 in Hershey, Pennsylvania, with current singer Arnel Pineda leading the shows.
Cain said the invitation came after guitarist Neal Schon asked Perry about joining, and Ultimate Classic Rock reported that Cain believes Perry is “thinking about it” and “didn’t say no.” Cain added that Journey has roughly 100 shows planned, leaving the door open for a one-off appearance at any point during the run.
Cain also addressed the current lineup’s readiness following recent questions around availability. He said Mr. Pineda is rested and prepared to return to the road after dealing with a legal issue in the Philippines, while Cain had previously been working on faith-based music outside the band.
The update arrives as Journey continue to frame the Final Frontier run as the first leg of their farewell plans, with additional dates expected beyond July. In recent Alternative Nation coverage, Steve Perry getting a Journey farewell tour offer has fuelled ongoing speculation about whether the classic voice of “Don’t Stop Believin’” will step back onstage.
For now, Cain is not promising anything beyond the fact that the ask has been made and the answer remains open. Whether Perry ultimately appears or not, Journey’s farewell shows will proceed with Pineda, with any potential reunion now resting on Perry’s comfort level and timing.










