Pearl Jam released their new single “Can’t Deny Me” on Saturday, the band’s first new song in five years. While the band have not discussed the meaning of the song, based on the single cover art and the band’s liberal political views, many are assuming the song is about President Donald Trump. Below are ten lyrics that appear to be insulting the President of the United States.
1. And now you want me to breathe, And be so grateful
2. You may be rich, but you can’t deny me
3. You can’t control, and you can’t deny me
4. Your eyes are sick, you’re sick and evite
5. You try to talk down to me, my mind it ain’t so simple
6. Where’s your vocabulary, your ignorance is sinful
7. You plant the liar’s seeds, Watch as your ruse take hold
8. The country you are now poisoning, condition critical!
9. You got nothing to hide, let the bullshit walk
10. We see right thru you, and you can’t deny me!
The band contributed “Obey The Law Of The Heart” to the Basmati Blues soundtrack last year but it didn’t feature Eddie Vedder on lead vocals, it was largely a Stone Gossard creative vehicle.
Pearl Jam’s last album was 2013’s Lightning Bolt. The band are set to tour South America, Europe, and North America this year. Listen to a clip of “Can’t Deny Me” below, and listen to the full song on PearlJam.com if you are a Ten Club member.
— Pearl Jam (@PearlJam) March 10, 2018