On Tuesday (July 22nd), just 17 days after playing his final show at “Back to the Beginning,” legendary metal pioneer and Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne passed away at the age of 76.
Hours after the news broke of his death, thousands of tributes poured in from both fans, bands, and artists.
Now, according to The Sun, there is reportedly some talk that his celebration of life could include a musical send-off held before a smaller, private, funeral.
“There are conversations about a celebration of his life in Birmingham, the city that meant so much to him,” a source told The Sun.
“Artists like Yungblud, who was seen by Ozzy as a musician who could carry on the mantle of what he started all those years ago, is expected to have a role in it. There are hundreds of big names who will want to pay their respects and celebrate his life and legacy, as well as thousands of fans who would line the streets to say goodbye,” the insider added.
For some fans, however, “Back to the Beginning” feels like a perfect farewell for the Prince of Darkness.
“He got to say goodbye and we got to say goodbye back,” Jake Brookes, who attended Ozzy’s final concert earlier this month, told the publication. “There was not a dry eye at Villa Park. And for him to do it at home meant the world to him, meant the world to fans, and it was a mutual thank you and respect.”