The New Orleans Advocate is reporting that a rigging grip crew member who worked on the Motley Crue biopic ‘The Dirt’ is suing Motley Crue and Netflix for damages, including $1.8 million in medical bills, over severe electrical burns he suffered on set.
Louis DiVincenti claims in the lawsuit that a power line shock left him with second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body. The accident happened during a scene that was recreating the Whisky A Go Go club in Los Angeles. A metal pipe allegedly made contact with a power line, electrocuting him.
“Even though all of our safety protocols were in place, an accident did occur and a crewmember was injured by electricity,” a Motley Crue ‘The Dirt’ representative told The Hollywood Reporter at the time of the accident. Filming continued according to the rep, as the cast were already filming somewhere else when DiVincenti was tearing down the set.
Motley Crue’s The Dirt film was released on Netflix last week, and while it has been savaged by critics, it has been widely praised by most fans on social media.