Foo Fighters’ September 3rd Taylor Hawkins tribute show at Wembley Stadium features all three members of Them Crooked Vultures on the lineup.
– Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Chris Shiflett, Rami Jaffee)
– Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl, Pat Smear (all surviving members of Nirvana)
– Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl, Alain Johannes, John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) (all members of Them Crooked Vultures but is not officially listed as a band)
– Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson (all surviving members of Rush)
– Chrissie Hynde, Martin Chambers [drummer] (Pretenders)
– Roger Taylor [drummer], Brian May (Queen)
– Rufus Taylor [drummer and Roger Taylor’s son], Justin Hawkins (Darkness)
– James Gang (Joe Walsh, Tom Kriss, and Jim Fox)
– Chevy Metal (Wiley Hodgden and Mick Murphy)
– Nile Rodgers (Chic and others)
– Brian Johnson (AC/DC)
– Liam Gallagher (Oasis)
– Violet Maye Grohl [singer and Grohl’s daughter]
– Luke Spiller [singer] (The Struts)
– Lars Ulrich [drummer] (Metallica)
– Stewart Copeland [drummer] (The Police)
– Travis Barker [drummer] (Blink-182)
– Nandi Bushell [drummer]
– Josh Freese [drummer] (many bands)
– Omar Hakim [drummer] (many bands)
– Oliver Shane Hawkins [drummer] (Taylor’s son)
– Chris Chaney [bassist] (Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders, Jane’s Addiction, etc)
– Greg Kurstin (producer, multi-instrumentalist)
– Mark Ronson (producer, multi-instrumentalist)
– Wolfgang Van Halen [Van Halen’s son]
– Dave Chappelle [comedian]
– Chris Rock [comedian]
SenorZingZanich posted on Reddit, “It’s a stellar line-up! Live streaming starts at 4:30PM which means it’s likely to be a 5 or 6 hours show. It’s going to be a memorable evening of Rock and Roll!
I am disappointed Jimmy Page wasn’t added though. They are not saying more artists will be added anymore… but who knows! Maybe we’ll get a surprise appearance from Jimmy or even Paul McCartney.”
Magicgoathead said, “I’m intrigued to what all they’ll be playing. This has to be the biggest tribute show to someone who wasn’t a lead singer for the band they’re known for.
We’ll definitely hear some covers of Taylor’s solo material, but I doubt that’ll be it.
I’m assuming Foo Fighters will be somewhat of the house band and then Dave will tell some stories and such. They’ll do some FF songs, but mostly play with others. Probably hear Queen play songs that Taylor loved too, stuff like that.
Intrigued to see this. Sucks it’s happening, but I hope this is as good of a show as it can be.”
SnooMarzipans1593 wrote, “I think it shows how much T was loved and respected by his peers and within the industry. And Dave/the band too of course.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Paul was a surprise guest, if nothing else as support for Dave. I’m more doubtful about Jimmy though he did post a really nice message on Instagram after T passed.
Chevy Metal members will be there plus Chris Chaney (Coattail Riders, NHC) so they could be house band (at least for guitar and bass). At the Chris Cornell tribute Soundgarden wasn’t on stage the whole time. I believe they did a set at the end (T sang a couple songs).”