Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes made a statement on Friday apologizing for accusations that he made to the Fox Business Channel, implying staff at the Bataclan venue in Paris France played a role in the terrorist attacks on November 13th, 2015.
Earlier last week Hughes said to Fox Business that the shooters had been in the building hours before the attack, and that there were 6 shooters, not 4, and that he saw 5 of them. “They had been in the building the whole day. My sound man and I had come eye to eye with the main plotter and a couple of his boys.”
“Then right before we walked onstage, there were two dudes in shorts and trench coats, they were standing, without talking, heads down in the corner, by where the entrance out into the venue is from backstage. We have a joke, that if you’re not smiling at one of our shows, you surely can’t be there to see the Eagles of Death Metal, because you don’t know what you’re in for. Shawn [London] looked at me and said, ‘They certainly don’t look like they’re here for one of our shows.’”
Hughes revealed he asked for one guard to be replaced when he ‘didn’t even look at me’ when the band entered the music hall.
He said, “When I first got to the venue and walked in, I walked past the dude who was supposed to be the security guard for the backstage.
He didn’t even look at me. I immediately went to the promoter and said, “Who’s that guy? I want to put another dude on,” and he goes, “well some of the other guards aren’t here yet,” and eventually I found out that six or so wouldn’t show up at all.”
Hear all the best from The Eagles of Death Metal at www.rockshowradio.net and www.alternativenation.net/radio