Ozzy Osbourne Makes Depressing Deaf Announcement


Ozzy Osbourne discussed the state of his hearing in a ‘No More Tours 2’ Best Classic Bands interview. We recently reported how Ozzy Osbourne made a famous bandmate cry for a hilarious reason.

“I’m virtually deaf now, but if I can’t feel that emotion…I have to hear them and feel the emotion. One memorable gig we played was an outdoor gig in California (1992), for Randy Rhoads. We were supposed to play, but we had to cancel and reschedule. When we played, it was like a riot there! I remember the good gigs, but I also remember the bad gigs like when I’ve been hungover, or my voice was f**ked.”

He later said, “I remember when I got my first Black Sabbath album. I was happy that I’d made an album. Then, the manager came in and said, ‘Your album got to #17 on the charts,’ and it stayed there for like two years. We were touring, we came to America, we experienced the world. From the word ‘Go,’ we were a big success. We may have gotten royally ripped off by managers, but our lives had been changed for the better forever.

Doing that last run with Black Sabbath we ended the last show in Birmingham (2017). It was a great end to a great career. Sabbath was the catalyst to where I am right now. It was a wish that came true beyond our wildest dreams. When ‘Paranoid’ went #1 in England, I thought, ‘This will only go on for a few years.’ And…we’re here 50 years later.”

Sharon Osbourne recently discussed Ozzy’s current health on ITV’s Loose Women: “He has had a really tough year. It started off with flu, which went to bronchitis, which went to pneumonia. He was hospitalised, came out and he was well on the road to recovery.

“He gets up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, on the way back, he tripped on the carpet under our bed and fell against the corner of the night table, which is made of mirror. He hit it at such a speed. [He was] taken to hospital. A few years ago he was in a motorbike accident and had metal bones put in his body. The accident moved all the metal rods and the bones that they were screwed into all splintered. Then he has trouble with his neck and they had to do two operations on him. He is recovery now, thank God, but every day he has to work with the physiotherapist.”

“[He was in] terrible pain and his pain is [because] he is not good at being at home. He wants to be back on the road, back with his band, so he is pining. Really the challenge is not his injuries, it’s his state of mind and keeping it positive.”