Eddie Vedder Breaks Silence On How Chris Cornell Died

0
29325

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder recently opened up on his new song “Brother The Cloud”. Eddie Vedder was asked about the meaning in a recent interview. Fans have speculated it’s about Chris Cornell’s suicide, and Vedder is now talking about loss from suicide. Previously, Vedder had revealed huge paycheck of Kurt Cobain

Eddie Vedder opens up on the song

The Pearl Jam frontman recently joined in for an interview with the New York Times when he was questioned about his new song. It is the third single from the Pearl Jam frontman’s upcoming solo LP Earthling, which arrives on Feb. 11. The LP will feature collaborations with Stevie Wonder, Ringo Starr, and Elton John, as well as Andrew Watt, Chad Smith, and Josh Klinghoffer. It’s available to preorder now in a variety of formats.

While fans have speculated that he released the song keeping the late great Chris Cornell in mind, Vedder said that he wants to leave it for the interpretation of the fans. He said: “I’d rather leave it interpretive. The general thing I can say is that some people leave this planet, and it could be by accident, design, tragedy, or all of the above.”

He added, “Well, it’s frustrating when you are deeply saddened by a loss, but it’s out of balance with the anger that you feel.”

Vedder asked the interviewer who discussed losing a friend to suicide, “How is your level of forgiveness? Has it stopped growing? Do you feel like it will keep growing? I think the mature thing is to understand that maybe it wasn’t completely his choice. How have you felt about the forgiveness?”

The journalist said, “I think it’s about finding a way to accept conflicting feelings. Now I have it to where 90 percent of the time I feel gratitude for having had that person in my life at all. The other 10 percent of the time I think, Why did you do that, you idiot?”

Vedder further responded, “Ninety percent is very good. I wish I could get to that. And then how much do you feel the frustration of, OK, we were that close, and you didn’t come to me?”

Despite its upbeat, guitar-heavy arrangement, the track explores the emotional turmoil which is caused by the loss of a close companion. “Brother the Cloud” follows LP singles “The Haves” and “Long Way.”