Pearl Jam fans on the Ten Club forums criticized a recent Eddie Vedder performance in Barolo, Italy at Collisioni Festival. Vedder’s shows are usually stellar. Was this an off night, or just some upset fans? Let us know in the comments if you were at the show!
I’ve started typing five times now and stopped typing five times – I don’t want to write my anger about yesterday and Ed’s playing/state/voice/performance off my chest here.
But I’m still really disappointed about yesterday, Ed just screwed up (and he knows best)
I’m relieved, it’s not just me. I saw Eddie in Brussels and I had the same feeling. I have been really disappointed by his performance.
The main issues for me were the way he plays guitar and the setlist construction.
Regarding guitars, he plays way to hard on the string of his acoustic guitars. Moreover, the sound of his Stratocaster was not great.
Regarding setlist construction, I think that there were too few PJ/EV songs and there was not a flow in the set.
I will see him once more in Düsseldorf, I will give another chance but maybe EV solo shows are not for me or maybe my expectations were too high.
I have to agree, eddie fvcked up few times and organisation was terrible. And not to mention setlist, it was very similar to firenze. My least favorite eddie concert.
Well, I have to disagree with some of you folks. I had a great time last night and I thought Eddie was in a good mood. Yes, it was rough around the edges and he screwed up a few songs. Maybe a (few) bottles of Barolo had to do with it. I would definitely not call it disrespectful of the audience. Yes, he played a lot of covers, but as someone who doesn’t have the luxury of seeing multiple shows every year, I don’t mind – I’d rather hear him singing covers than not hearing him at all.
I was lucky enough to see him at both Taormina shows a few years ago and probably no show will ever top those, for the quality of the setlists, the quality of music and the quality of the setting. But I left the show happy (except for the annoyance of dealing with self-entitled people trying to impose “la lista” before the show. It was a wonderful evening in a wonderful place and I’m glad that I was there.
1. Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)
2. Don’t Be Shy-(Stevens)
3. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
4. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
5. I Am Mine
6. Brain Damage-(Waters)
8. Good Woman-(Marshall)
11. Far Behind
12. Long Road with Red Limo
13. Guaranteed with Red Limo
14. Can’t Keep with Red Limo
15. Just Breathe with Red Limo
16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) with Red Limo
17. Last Kiss-(Cochran)
19. Red Limo improv-Jeremy
20. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison) with Red Limo
21. Unthought Known
22. I Won’t Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
23. Black with Red Limo
24. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) w/Glen Hansard & Red Limo
25. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
26. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
27. Society-(Hannan) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
28. Should I Stay Or Should I Go?-(Headon, Jones, Simonon, Strummer)
29. Hard Sun-(Peterson) w/ Glen Hansard, Red Limo & Chris Chelios
30. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) Glen Hansard, Red Limo, Chris Chelios