Judge Makes Revelation About Kurt Cobain Autopsy

24
961

A Seattle area judge took conspiracy theorist Richard Lee to task for his disgusting request to have photos of Kurt Cobain’s deceased body released to the public, and his desire to take a look at the autopsy.

Yahoo reports:

[Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain] had the support of Seattle city attorney Pete Holmes, who said that while he regularly advocates for opening records to the public, he felt death scenes are “out-of-bounds. … No one should worry whether they’ll happen upon photos of a family member’s body as they scroll through their social media feed.”

What the court ruling said:

Lee was taken to task for a weak case; again he was representing himself, but the decision detailed the legal precedent that holds releasing death-scene images can violate the rights of family members. The judge also dismissed Lee’s requests to access a number of other confidential documents related to Cobain’s death. For instance, autopsies are confidential under state law.

Cobain was found dead on April 8, 1994, after disappearing from drug rehab. Love had said he was suicidal, and the autopsy ruled that he had died by a single gunshot wound to the head and that he had taken a huge amount of heroin. However, a private investigator, hired by Love when Cobain went missing, got the conspiracy theories started by claiming Cobain was murdered because he had so much heroin in his system he wouldn’t have been able to pull the trigger. Speculation grew from there — his death has its own Wikipedia page — and it has been a profitable business, with books and films examining some of the possibilities.

When will the conspiracy nuts finally give it up?

Previous articleSoundgarden Member Consoles Chris Cornell’s Son At Grave In Beautiful Photo
Next articleTool Pay Emotional Tribute To Chris Cornell Onstage
Brett Buchanan
Brett previously hosted the BWR wrestling and MMA podcast, interviewing pro wrestling and MMA stars like Kurt Angle, Seth Rollins, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Bruce Buffer, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Edge, and DDP. After ending BWR, Brett opened GrungeReport.net in May 2009. The site changed its name to AlternativeNation.net in June 2013.  Brett ran Scott Weiland's social media accounts for his final 'Master Blaster' tour in fall 2015 and continued to run the accounts after Weiland's death until July 2016. On Alternative Nation, Brett controls all aspects of the website and reports the day to day news.  He has interviewed members of Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Imagine Dragons, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Stone Temple Pilots, and The Smiths. Brett has been interviewed by The Wall Street Journal and on the Reelz Channel. You can reach Brett at contact @alternativenation.net